Keeping children safe is our number one priority. We ensure that the safety and wellbeing of every child is at the centre of every decision we make.
If you have any concerns regarding the safeguarding of children, please speak to the staff members listed below.
Mrs. Meikle is the Designated Safeguarding Lead and Nominated Teacher for Looked After Children (LAC).
Mr. Colegate is the Deputy Safeguarding Lead.
Mrs. Weston in his absence is the Deputy Safeguarding Lead.
Mrs. Ashman in her absence is the Deputy Safeguarding Lead.
Mrs V. Cadd is the Designated Governor for Safeguarding and Looked After Children (LAC).
Our Safeguarding team (school staff only) work closely on a daily basis and through the use of Cpoms keep each regularly updated. In addition we hold monthly meetings to share information about children in our school, discuss any concerns that we have and to ensure our practice is up to date, effective and meets the needs of our children.
External Support and Challenge
As part of our continuous drive to ensure that we keep all children safe, we have procured the services of Safeguarding First, Education Safeguarding Consultant and addition support via Marianne Dixon within the L.A. This provides us with:
- Supervision of the Nominated Person for Child Protection, which includes the supervision of Child Protection files;
- Training for staff and the Governing Body;
- A school audit and an audit of Child Protection files;
- Support and guidance; and
- Internet safety presentations for staff, pupils and parents.
- Termly update meetings and training.